Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stones Throw Bar and Grill



Last week I had the pleasure to attend a cooking class held by Chef Chris Harrigan at Stones Throw Bar and Grill in Mt. Laurel. I had a fantastic time and the food was some of the best I've ever eaten!

Let me start off by thanking Lana at PoshBirmingham for this opportunity. They held a contest, where all you had to do was enter on their website to win a spot in the cooking class. I was so ecstatic when I received the email from Lana saying that I was one of the chosen few to participate! I have recently begun to cook more and this is just the inspiration I needed to keep it going.

Fast forward to the day of the cooking class and I was nervous. I wasn't sure what to expect and I don't do very well in places where I don't know anyone and I am alone. I got to the resteraunt about 30 minutes too early, so I sat in the car and daydreamed about all the yumminess that would be in my future. I saw several other ladies heading towards the resteraunt, so I figured now was a good time to go in. I followed them in and was met by Chef Harrigan himself. He introduced himself and was as nice as can be! We took our seats around the dining area he had arranged and waited for the class to begin.

Chef Harrigan was prepared and handed out recipes and a menu with what was to come for us that day. The first thing I read was the menu:

First Course
Grilled Flatbread of Prosciutto, Pesto, oven dried Tomatoes
and Goat Cheese with Baby Upland Cress
Second Course
Grouper or Chicken with roasted Cipollini Onions, New Potatoes,
Grilled Asparagus and Sauce Verde
Third Course
White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Fresh
Berries and Whipped Cream

As you can imagine, I was drooling by the end of the menu and he hadn't even started cooking yet! Chef Harrigan took us through the first course, showing us how to make homemade flat bread and giving us a lot of great information to use at home! Once the first course was cooked, we got to eat and let me tell you - it was delicious and like nothing I had ever had before! He did the same with the second course, making the sauce for us and allowing us to taste it with him. The dessert course (always my favorite of the meal) was the final thing he showed up how to prepare. He put everything into terms we all could understand and showed us how easy it was to make!

While we were eating dessert, he answered any questions we had. He was so laid back and easy going and you could tell that cooking was his passion! I am a somewhat picky eater (although getting better the older I get) and I can tell you there was nothing he served us that I didn't taste and love! I had several things I've never eaten before and enjoyed everything. It was such a great experience and I cannot wait to return with my husband for a nice evening out.

If you are looking for a resteraunt in the area that serves fresh, local ingredients then you should definitely head to Stones Throw. You will not be disappointed!

*I was not compensated or asked to post a review of my experience. I did this because I enjoyed my time and wanted to highlight a fantastic resteraunt!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment