Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Casserole Recipe

This chicken casserole recipe is my favorite and is so easy to make. It also has special meaning to me.

My cheerleading sponser when I was in high school had gatherings and get-togethers with us over at her house several times a year. The first one we ever had together was when I made the cheerleading squad for my sophomore year. I was so excited! Everyone brought a side dish, dessert or drinks, but Mrs. C was making the main dish. She told us that it would be the best chicken casserole we would ever have and she was right. It was delicious and everybody loved it! She made a copy of the recipe for each girl and her family. We have been making it ever since.

Everytime I need to make something for an event or a party, I always bring this and never have any leftovers. I am always happy to share this delicious and simple recipe with anyone. I made it last night and it was perfect since we had some crazy weather!

This casserole is so quick and easy to make! It also is good if you make it ahead of time (just leave off the ritz and butter) and freeze. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!

Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
16 oz sour cream
1 roll of Ritz crackers
1 stick of butter



The ingredients minus the chicken (it's in a pot of boiling water right now!)



Boil the chicken, then shred or cut into bite sized pieces into a medium sized bowl.




Add in cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and sour cream and mix well.



Spread into a casserole dish. The size depends on how much chicken you use. I didn't use as much, so my dish is smaller.



Crumble Ritz crackers on top, then pour melted butter over that.

Bake casserole at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.

Enjoy :)


Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for this recipe.. I heard it was really good! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Let me know if you make it how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete