I decided yesterday that I wanted to try again to lose weight and eat healthier (more on this later). I have never been one for eating
This recipe is versatile in that you can use any veggies that you like. We are still working on our taste buds, so we used broccoli and carrots - two that we love already. Next time I believe I will double the sauce because there was just enough to cover the chicken and veggies. I would like to have a little extra next time to pour over everything.
Honey Glazed Chicken Stir Fry
12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken
2 T honey (I used a little bit more)
2 T vinegar (I used a little bit less)
2 T orange juice
4 tsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 T cooking oil
4 cups cut up vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, sweet pepper, onion, mushrooms
2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and cornstarch to create sauce; set aside.
3. Pour oil into wok or large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat.
4. Add vegetables to skillet; cook and stir until vegetables are bright and crisp-tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5. Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken to the sides of the skillet.
6. Stir sauce and pour into the center of skillet until thick and bubbly.
7. Add vegetables back to skillet and stir all together. Continue cooking another minute until heated through.
8. Serve over cooked rice.