Thursday, March 17, 2011

Disney World . . . here we come!!!


We are headed to Disney World in just 4 short hours!!

We will be driving overnight so the little ones can sleep most of the way (and the adults can keep their sanity!). The trip is about 10 hours for us, so with 4 adults driving, that is only about 2 1/2 hours a piece. We plan on getting into Orlando early morning and stopping at Perkins for breakfast. This is a tradition in Michelle's family, so we thought it would be fun to join in and be a part of it!

After a nice breakfast and stretch of the legs, we hope to check in to our room. If it's not available, we are going to begin to explore Downtown Disney! If it is, we will be unloading the car and heading to the grocery store for the essentials.

Our families have taken many trips together over the 6 years we have known each other. From trips to where it was just the adults (newly married!) to trips with our kids. Atlanta, Gatlinburg, Gulf Shores - we've been to some fun places. But I have to say I am most looking forward to spending time with our great friends in the most magical place on earth!

I am looking forward to enjoying all our time together and seeing the smiles and joy our children will get out of a ride or meeting their favorite character. I know we will make many memories on this trip together and will remember it forever!

I hope you all enjoy your weekend and week. I have some posts scheduled and when I get back home I will recap our trip!


Nicholas dressed as Mickey for Halloween 2010

Amanda

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your trip! We are headed to Disney next Thursday. We still haven't booked a hotel yet though.... yikes!!! Any suggestions? So many hotels are already booked and I was not prepared for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for pictures!! I know you guys will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I am so envious. You are there NOW!! And how cool to have friends to share The World with. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! We are having a blast so far!! I can't wait to update y'all when we get back next week on all our fun!

    ReplyDelete