Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2 New Recipes!

I haven't had a whole lot of time to try out new recipes, but this past week I was able to get back in the routine of it. I made 2 new recipes and they both turned out fantastic! Unfortunately, my camera is acting up and I was unable to get any pictures of these yummy meals.

The first recipe is one I got from the Kraft Foods website. I had a coupon to try out the new flavored Philadelphia cream cheese so I went in search of a good recipe. We love Mexican type foods in my house, so I choose the Santa Fe cream cheese and this recipe sounded perfect for us!

Santa Fe Chicken Casserole
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I actually used Rotel and it was perfect!)
2 green onions, sliced (I omitted this because we do not like green onions in my house)
1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme
3 flour tortillas (6 inch)
3/4 cup Kraft Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Add 3/4 cup cooking creme; mix lightly.

Spoon1/3 of the chicken mixture into 9-inch pie plate (I actually used a round Pyrex casserole dish); top with 1 tortilla, half the remaining chicken mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cover with second tortilla, remaining chicken mixture, 1/4 cup shredded cheese and remaining tortilla. Top with remaining cooking creme and shredded cheese; cover.

Bake 20 minutes or until heated through; uncover. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.

______________________________________________________________________________

This next recipe was suggested to me from my good friend, Mel. We both have similar tastes when it comes to food, so I knew it would be good. Plus, the recipe is from The Pioneer Woman and I LOVE all the recipes I have tried from her! The only thing I would do differently next time is make a little bit less for us because it made a big casserole dish and we couldn't eat it all - even after leftovers!

Sour Cream Noodle Bake
1 1/4 lb. ground chuck
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
Black pepper
8 oz egg noodles
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup sliced green onions (we left these out!)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground chuck in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.

Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of black pepper (I didn't use any because I don't like pepper). Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.

To assemble, add half the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the shredded cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes or until all cheese is melted.

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as our family did!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment